Jeep Willys made by Mitsubishi Heavy Industries, “Mitsubishi J53”
In 1953 Mitsubishi secured the rights to build the Willys CJ3B under their own name to compete with the Toyota Land Cruiser. However, Mitsubishi made a few improvements over the years to the original design.
This is a 1989 with 57,000 km (35,000 miles) and the following specs:
- Engine: Powered by a Mitsubishi turbocharged fuel injected diesel engine (4DR6). Same engine use on the Mitsubisho Fuso heavy duty trucks, so parts are available in United States.
- Tranny: 4-speed heavy duty manual gearbox.
- TCase: Dana/Spicer 18 dual stick transfer case with full time hubs.
- Differentials: Dana 44 rear/Dana 30 front.
- Gearing: 4:77 gearing and 2:3 crawling low range gears.
- Power Brakes. Hydraulic clutch. No power steering.
- Factory hand throttle for off-roading.
- Foldable windshield.
- Waterproof Kicker Bluetooth stereo and speakers.
- Tough 24v system (dual 12v batteries) and heavy duty alternator
- General Grabber AR2 tires with only a few thousand miles.
- Bestop seats front and rear and side jump seats. Seatbelts for all.
All lights, gauges, and switches work (the temp gauge does not always show, suspect a loose connection behind it).
Jeep runs and drives great. Starts easy cold or hot.
4wd high and low engages without problems.
Only a small leak from the oil plug after driving, no dripping when cold from any seals.
Body and paint are in nice shape. Frame and floor have been coated with protective liner. There are some areas with surface rust, nicks, and a few corners with paint that started to bubble.
Right hand drive.
Clear Alabama Title.
Location: Littleton, Colorado, United States
See listing: 1989 Jeep CJ by Mitsubishi (from August 23, 2020)