1988 Lifted Gray Jeep Grand Wagoneer as seen on Netflix – to quote Chef David Chang, “This is a great car!”
Great truck, fun to drive and work on. Passed smog and ready to drive. Selling it simply because I am not driving it enough.
Purchased about 5 years ago, put a lot of love into this truck. I inherited a great mechanic with the purchase who has worked on the truck before I even owned it. This week he completed any final necessary repairs before selling, including replacing the front and rear break hoses and replacing the rear wheel cylinders. I have a nearly full history of repairs and work done, including by the previous owner.
Overall the aesthetic of the truck is great – awesome to camp in, and looks cool in the city. Plenty of minor-to-moderate wear and tear, but that’s part of the charm. You won’t be able to drive anywhere without getting thumbs up from other drivers and compliments in the parking lot. The truck is on a call list for a couple of production companies in Los Angeles, so you may even be able to rent it out periodically and make some of your money back (just as I have). Obviously no guarantees, but it’s a beautiful picture car as you can see from the video above.
Comfortably drives around 75mph on the freeway.
- Small persistent transmission oil leak.
- If truck isn’t warmed up, transmission sometimes slips into neutral when truck is stopped. This goes away after about 5 minutes of warm up, and only happens at stops.
- Doors and windows not entirely weather proof – weather stripping needs replacement.
- Interior drivers side door panel water damaged.
- Interior passenger side door panel water damaged.
- Sound system works, but the water damage on the door panels compromises the front speaker mounts. Front left speaker is detached but in working condition.
- Roof rack was removed by previous owner. The mounting holes were patched with bondo, but they eventually popped out leaving 6 open bolt holes in the roof. I’ve taped those holes with gorilla tape.
- Interior headliner has been removed.
- Various bits of rust damage around the exterior.
- Minor dents and dings on exterior.
- Tear in passenger side front seat.
Price: Auction <- click to see if it is still available
More info: Click here for more information
Originally listed on December 6, 2021. Older listings are displayed for reference and probably will not be available.
Seller's other items: joe!
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States